(How to Make it Look like You Know Exactly What You’re Doing)
Hello gorgeous ladies! Now that we know you are masters at the art of positive affirmations, leave a comment below letting us know some of the things you love about yourself! And don’t worry, a 140 character limit does not exist here, (nor any limits for that matter) so be as detailed as you please! We cannot wait to read them!
So we all know trying new things can be intimidating, and if you go into anything blindly, you will likely shy away from it if your first experience isn’t what you want it to be. So to help you ladies get on the road to your desired body, your very own Bodypro Beauties are here to help prepare you with the general tips and guidlines to follow, so that you are sure to have a great first sweat sesh! So let’s hop, skip, and jump right into it…
- Have a plan: know what body part(s) you are working for the day and plan which machines and equipment you will need for those particular workouts.
- Know how to use the machines accordingly: all gym equipment require written and visual promts to instruct you on how to use the machine properly. This is important so you know you are engaging the right muscle group(s) properly to avoid injury.
- Set a time limit: it is important to stick within a time frame, keep an eye on the time and try to condence your workout as much as you possibly can; shorter rest periods in between repetitions will maintain a higher heart rate, which in other words means…..more calories burned!
- Be patient: don’t try to lose 10 pounds in one workout, be patient with the process and avoid putting additional stress on your body; with consistency you will see the results you desire.
- Recover right: be sure to stay hydrated! It is important to minimize soreness while restoring energy Some of our personal favourite recovery beverages are listed below:
- Protein shakes
- Chocolate milk
- Plan your next workout: be sure to make a plan for your next workout.
*Tip: avoid exercising the same muscle group two days in a row, allow for recovery time in between for optimal results.
We always value feedback! Let us know how your first gym experience was and if you have additional notes you think are important for our gym virgins, be sure to share it!
“The expert at anything was once a beginner” – Helen Hayes