Make-Up Artistry Courses in Toronto
Makeup School in Toronto & Mississauga – Makeup Artist Certificate Courses
Body Pro Beauty over the years has proudly built a reputation in the industry as a school that provides excellence in Adv. Makeup Design. Our graduates are amongst the highest that all share one thing in common, the need to standout. With a comprehensive program and experienced educators, our students are given the right knowledge and skills to conquer the high fashion makeup field.
Our program is taught by renowned industry professionals that personally guide you step by step to understand the essential techniques needed to obtain success as a professional makeup artist. The program is carefully designed to teach students the business as a freelance artist to understand how to build clientele, increase profits and develop their online presence necessary to stand out.
All levels of the makeup courses thoroughly teach student’s technicality, expressiveness, precision, client/artist communication, creativity, the art of makeup and finally the most important of all the ability to translate a client/designers vision into a masterpiece.
Our professional makeup artistry program is designed for any student that is looking to either build on their existing skills or those aspiring to become a pro artist. Upon completion of the intense hands on program students will have developed their knowledge of photography makeup, lighting, the correct use of cameras/lenses to showcase their skills as an artist.
Throughout the program the instructors revel industry secrets, tips and tricks of the industry including bridal (both Western and South Asian), television and high fashion makeup.
The makeup artistry program delivers exactly what is needed for students to stand out as a pro artist. Our focus is to provide students with ample opportunities to correct and refine their techniques taught in class through hands on exercises. With every class students notice a sizeable difference in their hand strokes, technical skills, color selection, blending and achieving a flawless look.
Our makeup courses are held in a high-end studio environment with special attention put forth towards revolutionary products. Ranging from the industry favorites including Makeup Forever, MAC, Nars, Bobbie brown, Lorac, Stila, BeneFit and Anastasia Beverley Hills.
The following topics are covered in this curriculum:
- Hygiene, Bacteriology & Disinfection
- Salon Sterilization & Sanitation
- Professional Client consultation
- Study of the Color wheel
- Color Temperatures
- Harmonizing and maintaining balance between colors
- Color Terminology
- Study of various face shapes, nose, eyes, brows and mouth
- Preparing skin for makeup application (cleansing, toning, protection)
- Cosmetology of makeup (Product formulation)
- Color Analysis (colors, shades, hues, tints, value etc)
- Portfolio Creations
- Pre & Post treatments for makeup applications
- Oil based makeup vs. water based makeup
- Step-by –Step Makeup Applications (Mature makeup for 40+, Day, Evening, Glamour)
- Application for Corrective Makeup
- Application for Contouring & Highlighting
- Application for Bridal Makeup (different ethnic backgrounds)
- Bridal Consultations- Questions you should ask the bride
- Technical Application Analysis (color photography/black & white makeup)
- Application of False Lashes
- Record Keeping
- Eyebrow Shaping
- Tools of the Trade/Business
Proudly Partnered with: