Ultimate Fashion Hair Design
The Ultimate Hair Design Certificate program is designed for the elite student looking to specialize and advance their skills. This program covers comprehensive knowledge and hands on training, preparing you to begin incorporating hair design into your current business.
In addition to hairstyling we will be covering head dressing and jewelry setting, business building skills and how to effectively market your business.
This is an ideal course for beginners looking to enter the world of hairstyling in the fashion industry. Our intense course will teach students the building blocks used to create any hairstyle for their clients. From the basic fundamental principles to advanced tips and tricks our students feel comfortable recreating any hairstyle featured in magazines/social media spreads.
The instruction given in the course encourages students to use their newly acquired technical skills and knowledge to prefect detailing, creating balance and finishing techniques using high end products. We are proudly partnered with Canada’s leading hairstyling company, Redken Canada which gives our students one of a kind experience working behind the scenes at prestigious events like Toronto Fashion Week, CBC Easter Seals Telethon Charity Event, Miss India Canada Pageant and TIFF.
The following topics are covered in this curriculum:
- Hair Preparations
- Use of hot tools/Directional Styling
- Teasing Techniques/Artificial Volume
- Additional Pieces/Basic Extensions/Synthetic Pieces
- Product Knowledge & their uses
- Half Up/down Hairstyles
- Side Pinned Style
- Celebrity Hairstyles (slicked/super long ponytail, bouncy full celeb curls)
- Vintage Hairstyles
- Low/High Chignon
- Traditional Bridal up-do styles
- Hair accessories, flowers, tiaras, embellishments, hair jewelry setting (How to place/Pin Bridal veils for all brides)
- Creating a vision (How to break down a style and recreate)
- Portfolio Building/Exam
- Previous industry experience required (Certified Makeup Artist)
All students applying to the ultimate design programs must meet admissions criteria prior to registration.